Group size is limited to 15 so if you would like to join a walk please email email@example.com or message the Hartfell Hill Running Club Facebook public group. We will need names and contact details for Track & Trace requirements.
On the day of the walk, please bring your own food and drinks and any equipment needed and avoid sharing wherever possible. Please also abide by the 2 metre rule for social distancing at all times.
The timings, terrain and difficulty gradings of the walks are a general guide only and can be affected by conditions on the day. Routes or dates/times may change at short notice due to weather conditions or issues affecting access, etc.
Wednesday 21st Ae Forest Trig Point
- Distance: 6 miles
- Approximate Time: 2-2.5 hours
- Elevation Gain: 865 ft
- Difficulty: Leisurely
- Terrain: Forest tracks and trails, small amount off-track pushing uphill through trees
- OS Map: Explorer 321 Nithsdale & Dumfries
Meet at 6:30 pm at Ae Forest car park opposite the cafe. OS grid ref: 984 894, What3Words: foil.reset.frog. Parking is pay & display.
Wednesday 28th Waterloo Monument
- Distance: 2.5 miles
- Approximate Time: 1 - 1.5 hours
- Elevation Gain: 489 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate (short but steep)
- Terrain: Road then steep stone steps up to monument
- OS Map: Explorer 313 Dumfries & Dalbeattie
Meet at 6:30 pm in the car park by the Abbey in New Abbey. OS grid ref: 964 662, What3Words: deciding.failed.sometime
Saturday 1st Capel Fell
- Distance: 5.5 miles
- Approximate Time: 4 - 4.5 hours
- Elevation Gain: 1853 ft
- Difficulty: Strenuous
- Terrain: Forest tracks and open hill. Some steep climbs.
- OS Map: Explorer 330 Moffat & St Mary's Loch
Meet at 10:30 am near Fish Farm at Sailfoot
Saturday 5th Morton Castle & Kettleton Reservoir
Details to come